I strongly believe in the FIRST LEGO League (FLL), which is why I was excited when I was asked to be in charge of FLL for my school. Last year we had three teams from our school compete and this year we could have even more.
FLL is based on the following core values...
- We are a team.
- We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- What we discover is more important that what we win.
- We share our experiences with others.
- We display gracious professionalism in everything we do.
- We have fun.
You can see from the above list why I so firmly support the students in my school participating and enjoying the FLL. It is now up to me as the FLL coordinator for my school to register the teams, order the field kits, find some coaches and organize the students into teams of about 6 or 7 students (grades 4 and 5).
It should be another exciting year.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Gates Corporation Awards Scholarships to Students in Robotics Competition (eon.businesswire.com)
- FIRST Robotics Chesapeake Regional Competition to Be Held at Baltimore Convention Center (eon.businesswire.com)
- 19th Annual FIRST Championship Founded by Inventor Dean Kamen Captures the Excitement for Science and Technology Among Young People With Three Levels of Robotics Competitions Planned for Atlanta's Georgia Dome, April 15-17 (eon.businesswire.com)
- FIRST LEGO League Signs Three-Year Sponsorship With Vestas (eon.businesswire.com)
- Will a good college take me? (ask.metafilter.com)
- An Insider's Look At The MoonBots Teams: Shadowed Craters (wired.com)